You can’t beat the delicious combination of pasta, FloGro Fresh King prawns and chilli, so why not give our new prawn spaghetti recipe a try!
Any pasta will work well with this recipe but we prefer spaghetti or linguine.
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 fresh chopped chilli, or dried chilli flakes
- 1 tin of good-quality tomatoes
- Tomato puree
- 400g of unshelled raw FloGro Fresh King prawns, heads and tails removed
- Spaghetti, or pasta of your choice
- 1 handful of fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to season
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the onions and garlic. Stir until softened, turn down the heat if they start to colour. Add the chopped chilli (or a generous pinch of dried chilli flakes if you don’t have fresh). Keep on a low heat for a couple of minutes.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and a good squeeze of tomato puree. Stir and season with salt and pepper.
- Leave on a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook your spaghetti in a separate pan, or whichever pasta you’ve chosen. We find a spaghetti measurer particularly useful for portion sizing, otherwise follow the packet instructions.
- Once your pasta is boiling, add the prawns to the pan of tomato mixture. Cook over a medium heat, ensuring the prawns are cooked through and the sauce thickens a little.
- Tear some fresh basil leaves into the sauce and stir.
- Once your pasta is cooked, drain and return to its pan.
- Pour the tomato and prawn mixture into the pasta and stir through. Serve immediately.