We hope your love this easy to prepare King Prawn Risotto recipe.
Risotto is such a versatile dish as you can use a variety of vegetables, fish and meat. We love this version with its juicy king prawns and fresh green veg.
- 400g of unshelled raw FloGro Fresh King prawns, heads and tails removed
- 1 diced courgette
- 3 handfuls of frozen or fresh peas
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 peeled garlic clove
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 small glass of white wine
- 300g risotto rice
- 1 pint fish stock
- 1 knob of butter
- Salt and pepper to season
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan and add the onions and garlic. Stir until softened, turn down the heat if they start to colour. Add the diced courgette and stir some more. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add in the risotto rice and stir continuously until the mixture starts to get sticky. At this point add in the white wine and simmer. Stir occasionally until the rice has completely absorbed the wine.
- Then, one ladle at a time, add the fish stock to the pan. Over a low heat, stir regularly and ensure the stock has been absorbed before adding the next ladle.
- Add the prawns and peas about halfway through this process. The prawns will be cooked when they turn completely pink.
- Adding the stock and cooking the rice should take about 25 minutes. The rice should be slightly firm, al dente.
- To finish, stir through the butter to make a creamy risotto. You can garnish on top with parsley if you wish.